Oct 1, 2010

Reflective of the week of September 27th


All right!!!  This week in life drawing has been somewhat… tiring.  To begin, I had a cold for most of the week and couldn’t really concentrate in class on Tuesday.  In which, we had to bring our manikin with the 9, wait 10, back muscles on it.  We were assigned it last week and had to do it over the weekend, but I didn’t get all the muscles written down before I left class on Thursday.  In result, I was missing one muscle.  So after being told the basic requirements for how the muscle was suppose to be done, I went back and redid the whole thing, with the missing muscle included.  But before class was done on Tuesday we did some 15 sec. gesture drawings, which we had to get the basic long axis line, then to 30 sec. drawings, same as the 15 sec. ones, but with a little more detail, like rib cage, limbs, etc.  Before class was done, we did a 30 min. contour drawing, in which, I redone three times and still didn’t get a good one out of it.  So like I said at the beginning  of this post, I wasn’t feeling a 100%.   But Thursday was a different story.
Thursday was a pretty good day for me.  I was able to concentrate much better, and it showed.  I should have some pictures in this post, but I don’t have my drawing pad with me at the moment.  So I might add them in later, or not.  Seriously, though, it was a good day.  First, we talked about the rib cage and its features.  Then we used what we discussed about the rib cage, like using an egg shape to represent the rib cage, into some 30 seconds drawings.  Going with what we did in the 30 seconds drawings, we went to 1 minute drawings, and then to 2 minutes drawings.  By the end of class, we did a 25 minute contour drawing, in which, we used the egg rib cage technique to get the basic shape of the torso, and also used the long line axis, too.  I still seemed to have trouble slowing down when doing contour.  Still, I need to improve on a few things (more like everything), but that is life. 

Till next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment