Oct 31, 2010

Mid-Term Reflection

It's midway through the semester already, almost feels like we just started. Anyways, this semester has been very interesting. Like having to stare at a live nude model, which was very awkward for me, but with time it didn't bother me anymore. The manikins were interest to do. (So interesting I'll insert a picture of it right below here)

Yeah, working on this little guys was fun, but the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was very awkward to carry back and forth to class.  Carrying a little half skeleton man around people sort of notice.  Overall, it's been fun.  The drawing is another thing that was interesting, too.  Have to work with a live model (it would have been awkward if it was a dead model) made me understand the human body on how it moves, how the muscles change as they move, and all the little shadows you don't notice unless you are looking for them.  The last thing we did for the semester was to make a mid-term portfolio on Flickr.  So you guys can take a look when you get a chance. 

For the second half of the semester, I expect myself to improve in my ability to draw the human form.  Also, to finish up my manikin, it would nice to see it completed.
Till next time....

1 comment:

  1. Your Manniken looks beautiful. It is so smooth and well-crafted. I am to the point now where I feel like mine is never going to look like that but I guess I can always keep trying. Anyways, yours is looking gooood. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete