Nov 29, 2010

A blog entry everyday this week (Nov. 29th- Dec. 3rd)

Hello again audience, Homer11588 here and I have a goal that I want to do this week.  This goal is to put a blog post on this blog everyday this week.  Sounds easy enough to do, not sure that all of them will have topics relating to life drawing.  Probably on some other classes, like my human body & form class, which is an Industrial Design class.  Anyways, on with the blog!!!!

Well, thanksgiving break is done and I'm back at school.  Before I left for break, our life drawing class on a field trip to the Walker Art Museum and the Bell Museum of Natural History.  The Walker was.... interesting?  They mostly had modern art there and it is not my kind of art I like to look at.  I'm not putting it down, or anything, (maybe I am?) but they had a room that had solid blue paintings.  What was the point, probably was written on a card somewhere, but I didn't see any real skill in most (not all) or what was there.  The most interesting thing I did see there was a large sea shell made out of concrete and had a hole in to see the inside of it, that was cool.  Anyways, my experience at the Walker left me unimpressed.

That was only half of the field trip.  After we left the Walker, we went the Bell Natural History Museum.  It was full of stuffed animal, not like a teddy bear, but taxidermy.  It had animals from the Northern Midwest.  They had a wide variety of critter, birds, rabbits, deer, and, my personal favorite, badgers. We had to find a critter to draw for a bit, I've chosen a little river otter.  I sat there and drew the little guy for an hour or so, then it was time to go.
Look he's smiling :D


Okay, I'm gonna cut off here, so I'll have something to talk about tomorrow...

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment