Dec 8, 2010

Shoulders and Hands!!!

Hello audience, it homer11588 and with some pictures. 

Okay, last Thursday we did a long drawing of our nude model.  We had to focus on the shoulders, front and back.  I focused on the back because it seemed more interesting and there was no room to draw from the front either.  I'll put the picture right here:

I tried to focus on the should blades and the arms to get a better understanding on how they work together.  I also tried to give it some volume by using contours.  I tried a different style than what I'm used to.  Before I drew to the model real quick and it didn't look that great, in additions, I put a lot of lines onto the figure, which made it hard to see the details. One thing that I wished I didn't do is the contour lines make the model look like Spider Woman, so I try to vary the line more.  So I hope this looks okay.   

This past Tuesday (Dec. 7th) we worked on hands.  Before we worked on hands we critiqued our shell drawing that we inked.  I'll go more into that when I get the picture back from Amy (life drawing teacher).  After we critiqued our shell drawings, we started our hand studies.  We got into groups of two and one of person had to pose their hand for about 20 minutes to a half hour.  We alternated from who posed.  I did a front and back drawing done, so I'll put both of them down below.
Back of Hand

Palm of Hand

 On looking at these drawings the top one seems a better the bottom one.  They both are okay, but the bottom one doesn't jump out off the page as the top one.  Probably because I outlined it with black conte' crayon.  In both, of them, I pushed the bones in them.  Trying to give the viewer (which is you who is reading this) an idea of the structure of the hand. 

So I believe this blog post is long enough for tonight...

Till next time...
 

6 comments:

  1. i like the first image (the long drawing)... but the shell over her face is kind of distracting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate that you took the time to add bones to the fingers! My hand drawing's aren't so great. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoy the fact that you added bones to your hands, you definitely have a good understanding of how the bones sit within the hand! I always have a hard time with hands, looks like you have a good grasp on it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your second hand drawing turned out really well. I like that you drew just the bones, it looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesomely creepy hand drawing there! it looks very tense! Also I really like your shoulders up drawing. It is really easy to see the foreshortening, and the shoulder blades. also good work on the face. Ive lately been using a similar technique where Ill start with a curved cross describing the long axis, and the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The long pose of Katharina looks very nice and well-structured, although, perhaps a little too structured. Your attention to detail, especially in the face, works well, but try to keep your lines a bit less "perfectionist" in the future, so that the figure looks less rigid.

    ReplyDelete