Dec 13, 2010

Skulls are so metal...

Hello audience,  how was your weekend?  My was snowed in.  It snowed like 18 inches and with 20 mph winds.  I was either brave or crazy, but I went outside Saturday to meet up with my group for a project that is due this Thursday @8 am.  So I'll probably won't be able to put too many posts this week. 

Anyways, last Thursday in life drawing, we drew skulls.  It was very interesting, especially during the lecture.  Amy explained that skull is basically to parts, the face and the cranium.  The face pretty much is only 1/3 of the skull.  The other 2/3 is just the cranium, which holds the brain.  So after the lecture, Amy set up some skull, so we can practice drawing them.  She told us to do two views, a profile (side) and 3/4 view.  I was able to get a side view done which I'll put down here.

Yeah, I liked drawing skull.  It gave me a better understanding on the structure of the skull.  I wanted to get a 3/4 view done, but I only got half of it before Amy took the skull down and put it away.  I was like,  "NOOOOOOO!!!!"  In reality, I was a little disappointed on not getting done, but I shouldn't talked up the last fifteen, too.  But that conversation was so interesting though.  Oh well...

Well tomorrow is our last scheduled class before the final.  Almost kind of sad, because that this semester flew by without me even noticing it.  Well, I might take Life Drawing 2 sometime in the future.

Well its been a long day and I'm tired so I'll warp this post up.

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Now, I know that drawing lightly is something highly suggested in this class, however coming from me, I know it's extremely hard. Seeing your side view of the Skull makes me delighted inside to know that I'm not the only one who used darkened lines. Not only are you lines draw but they look proportioned out fairly well! I really appreciate how economical it is. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your skull :) I like that you used a heavier outline. It's really easy to see the form, and everything looks really proportional! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete